SAFE & SECURE
COVID-19 Safety Protocols & Safety Plan
Updated January 3, 2022
The safety and wellbeing of our guests, employees and visitors is a top priority at Versante Hotel. We are taking a number of actions to enhance our already high standards of health and cleanliness so that people will feel safe, comfortable and well taken care of when visiting our property. Versante Hotel is following the policies and practices outlined in the Province of British Columbia’s Restart Plan.
1) PHYSICAL/SOCIAL DISTANCING
A face mask is required to be worn by all guests, employees and visitors in all public areas at all times, as per the Province of BC’s mask mandate announced on August 23, 2021.
2) HAND SANITIZER
Hand-sanitizer stations will be placed in high-traffic public areas of the hotel so that guests may use them at their convenience. They will be also be placed throughout the heart-of-house as well as in each department.
3) GENERAL CLEANING AND SANITATION
High-touch areas throughout the front-of-house and heart-of-house will be cleaned on an hourly basis with verification via a checklist. Front-of-house high touch areas include, but are not limited to, the hotel entrance/exit, door handles, elevator buttons, bell carts, counters, table tops, public area furniture, meeting room doors, lounge areas, restrooms, host stands, dining outlets, telephones, card swipes, room keys and pens.
4) CLEANING SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT
Versante Hotel will use cleaning products that meet FDA and EPA approval. These products are approved for use against viruses and bacteria—effectively killing 99.9% of such germs. Versante Hotel will use an Electrostatic Sprayer to disinfect guestrooms and public areas each day, and meeting rooms after each use.
5) EMPLOYEE AND GUEST WELLNESS
Employees are encouraged to take their temperature at home on a daily basis and are required to remain at home if they feel sick or develop a fever. Departmental managers and division heads will monitor the visible health of colleagues during daily line-ups and advise the General Manager if action needs to be taken.
In the event an employee becomes sick on property, they will be asked to leave the hotel immediately and advised to seek medical attention. If an employee tests positive for COVID-19, a doctor’s note releasing them from care must be presented upon the employee’s return to work.
The hotel’s leadership team will provide colleagues with instructions in handwashing techniques, the proper way to put on, take off and dispose of PPE, how to sanitize high-touch areas, and other safety protocols. This information will be reiterated by departmental supervisors and managers in daily pre-shift meetings. Third-party vendors will be hired to provide user training for specialized materials and equipment. Hotel department heads will ensure proper protocols are followed.
7) DEPARTMENTAL SERVICE SPECIFICS
Upon a guest’s arrival at the hotel, the door attendant will open the vehicle door, remove the luggage from the car (with the guest’s permission) and escort the guest through the hotel entrance. Door attendants will wash or sanitize their hands after each guest interaction.
Lobby areas will be cleaned twice a day. Guests will be encouraged to use express check-out services; however, traditional check-out will be available at the front desk.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols between guest stays, including continued use of EPA-registered disinfecting chemicals, proven effective in preventing the transmission of COVID-19, and enhanced focus on disinfection of all guest room touchpoints
- For your safety, no housekeeping service while guest is in room. Guests can request for replenishments by calling the front desk at anytime
- For your safety, hotel associates will not enter a guest room once occupied however, guests can request for replenishments by calling the front desk at anytime
- Personal Protective Equipment worn by all room attendants
- In additional to rigorous cleaning and sanitation, if a guestroom has been occupied by a guest who displays symptoms for COVID-19, the room will be placed out of service until the case has been confirmed or cleared. If confirmed, the room will undergo additional sanitation practices.
Sales and Conference Services
Meeting room capacities have been adjusted to align with local social distancing guidelines. Revised capacity charts and diagrams are available which take into account physical distancing guidelines for group and catering clients. Site inspections are available by appointment only.
For more information about COVID-19 safety protocols at Versante Hotel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.